NuComfort LLC is a Chicago-based wholesale distributor of residential and commercial heating and cooling systems, as well as replacement parts, indoor air quality products and home generators. All of our offices offer extended hours during weekdays and are also open on Saturdays.
- We offer contractors, consulting engineers, and property owners design assistance and energy optimization based on value engineering.
- We aid in optimal design with lowest carbon emission within the clients’ budget providing peak payback on your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning needs.
- We foster long-term contractor and consulting engineer relationships by offering tailored solutions to help our clients achieve their unique design for optimum comfort.
- We are built on generating original insights on HVAC design assistance that translates into energy efficient savings.
- Our advice, insight, and intellectual capital drive a growing array of innovative heating, cooling, and ventilating ideas.
In October 2018, NuComfort was acquired by Benoist Brothers Supply Co., a 10-branch HVAC distributor headquartered in St. Louis and southern Illinois. It all started earlier in the year, over coffee at the Original Pancake House on Bellevue Place, where NuComfort founder Marty Nuzik and Benoist CEO Peter Warren met and discussed the synergies that would make NuComfort and Benoist such a perfect fit.
Both companies were Ruud distributors with contiguous territories and a similar customer base of residential and light commercial HVAC contractors. They shared the same ERP system. But mostly, both companies were independent family-owned businesses with the same family values and unwavering customer focus.
As Marty said at the time, “NuComfort LLC has the best employees in the HVAC industry. When we were approached by Benoist Brothers Supply Company, we needed to make sure we would have the right cultural fit. Benoist has always had a reputation for taking great care of its employees and customers. I believe that both organizations will be better together, and I look forward to being a part of it.”
Marty was right: the partnership has been an unqualified success, and a model for future acquisitions by Benoist. NuComfort LLC continues to operate under the NuComfort brand as a subsidiary of Benoist Brothers, taking advantage of shared resources in finance, purchasing, marketing and HR. Our customers and employees continue to thrive, and we can pursue new growth opportunities available to us now that we are part of the larger Benoist family.